If you've lived through a few winters in Wyoming, you know the harsh winds and temperatures can wreak havoc on your home. With a home insurance policy, you can rest assured you'll be covered in case of damage.
Hopefully you won't need it, but If a tree falls onto your home or pipes freeze, you’ll be glad to have home insurance to cover your losses. Home Insurance can also protect you financially if someone is injured on your property and sues you to pay their medical expenses.
Policies vary, so it helps to understand the basics in order to purchase the best coverage for you and your home.
What is the average cost of homeowners insurance in Wyoming?
The average annual home insurance premium in Wyoming is $1,167, although various factors determine your rate, such as your home’s value, when it was built, your personal insurance history, and the coverage limits you choose.
What does the standard home insurance policy cover?
Standard homeowner’s insurance coverages include the following, with limits of coverage depending on your policy:
- Dwelling coverage – for damage to your home or attached property for covered perils like fire or theft.
- Personal property coverage – for damage to the belongings in your house.
- Other structures – for damage to your detached garage, barn, fence or shed.
- Personal Liability protection – protects you from accidents that happen on your property.
- Medical payments to others – if someone visiting your property is hurt while they are there.
- Additional living expenses protection – in case you have to leave your damaged home.
Roamin’ to Wyomin’
There are plenty of reasons to set down roots in Wyoming. The scenery is hard to beat with its pristine forests and rivers, snow-capped mountains, and wide open spaces. And locals get year-round access to the state’s stunning natural beauty without having to break the bank. Homes are affordable, property taxes are among the lowest in the country, and Wyoming has no income tax.
Home insurance add-on coverage
Talk to an insurance agent about your coverage against snow and ice damage, wildfires, wind damage and earthquake insurance.
AAA offers homeowners insurance you can trust with flexible policies that can be adapted to your needs. To get a free Wyoming homeowners insurance quote, talk to an agent today.